Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vagina Dialogues

In a recent conversation with a friend over lunch, I got to hear that there is a research being conducted somewhere in the world, that while women get to be great multi-taskers, men will soon become redundant……in fact, while women will lead the pack when it comes to social, professional and financial heights, men will be reduced to only one good thing….f…ing!

And now the questions arises……….who the eff is going to fix the fused light bulb in my house if that is all my man is going to do? So when did we women evolve so much that we got to be too much for ourselves and our men? A magazine is screaming it’s headlines out on the stands asking, “How well do you know your vagina?”. Now seriously have you ever seen a men’s magazine asking, “How well do you know your penis?”, highly doubtful.

Maybe also, I don’t really want to know my vagina beyond a point. Maybe I’m quite satisfied and happy with the amorphous relationship I have with some parts of my body. And so maybe I’d like to ask, maybe we women have gone so overboard in our long hard race to the top that we have become like the enemy: Men!

Funnily, today all the interesting women I meet are divorced, separated or single. The married women, barring a few are usually quieter, more subdued and uninterested in growing beyond a point. The lunch also revealed a study that 70% of spouses walking out on their marriage today are women, not men; because they run out of patience faster and want more from life. Many people will take one look at me and say in dulcet tones, “Hey you look nice, you don’t look married!”. The inference being that once you are married, your spouse makes your life so miserable and unhappy between juggling home, career and kids, that you start growing horns on your head and look washed out, drab and ugly. So if marriage was supposed to enhance and complete, it becomes a restrictive prison from which women are supposed to break away, before they can look good, do well and enjoy life.

Maybe we need to re-examine all of this, because my head is quite in a whirl, and I really need my man to help fix my car!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a sure turbulence hitting the social pyramid - and more so in favour of women.

Its true that more women are the ones walking out, more women turning single or remaining to choose so but at the same time women are also becoming like men - in some ways, which perhaps is dictomous.

No real or right answers yet and perhaps that is fair till it doesnt dislodge "good people" from their identities and life because of the gender they belong to.

sorry long comment, we can chat more :)

cheers
Sairee

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So you are not a male basher unlike your fellow sisters.Your husband is a lucky man.Hope he keeps you happy like this