Monday, December 18, 2006

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well..............


the history to this post is that I have been married for 11 years. And while singletons have absolutely no clue what I am talking about, anyone in a marriage beyond five years will agree with me that spouses tend to start blending into the background like a favourite recliner chair after a couple of years.

So had mine.

Until he became a "Road Warrior" or "Extreme Jobber". Google the phrases if you like or I can tell you in one simple sentence that he now travels a lot and stays out of the country for days at a stretch.

When I first heard the news I tried my best to be stoic about his frequent travelling, all the while secretly alternating between wild euphoria (dammit its been a long while since I was single
) to pouring my woes into endless cups of coffee with sympathetic friends.

Till the sms's started. The Good morning sms, the afternoon sms and the good evening sms. Suddenly there was this gallant man who wanted to know what happened at the end of my day, or at work. Usually we tune out in front of the telly or over a glass of wine in the evening, but frankly i must admit the man had a certain style with those sms's.

Enough for me to invite him to gmail chat. He hates the yahoo and msn icons and frankly gmail chat is so lovely and unobtrusive.

And now, I blush to admit, I am chatting with my husband.

Only he isn't just the bloke who used to need to be fed and clothed and nagged periodically anymore. He is an interesting man with dreams, desires and a very exciting and jet set life. And oh my gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, he is MY HUSBAND.

Which only goes to show that for our generation, technology provides verbal or mental foreplay.

Someone has just told me about skype. Which hopefully will be our next cyber rendevous.

So till the next sms, or sexy one liner, I am hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I should take this relationship further and get a webcam :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Going through ur intelligent blog is a good time pass for me.So is ur husband still travelling or what u gallantly said "road warrior"???is ur virtual romance still going on???having gone thru relationships and break off myself and being man all I can say, when a man gives extra attention to his long standing girl friend or wife either he has genuinely rediscovered love or he is faking it to hide some guilt.I really hope the former is true for you.