Friday, November 24, 2006

Gosh.....................Road Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I know that road rage is only supposed to happen to politician's children, or angry retired gangsters with guns in their holsters, but the other day it happened to me.

Of course, it began, as it always begins with a bitch of a day at the Office!

After which my regurgitated self- left the Defence Colony office to make a route via the Lajpat Nagar U turn. Traversing the narrow passageways of Defence Colony's service lanes is not very easy when you are in a big car, and my driver is most certainly not the best.

So when another car is turning into the self same lane you are trying to get out of, ego's can clash. Specially when both cars are big. My driver is not a gentleman, at the best of times, and when faced with the trying situation of a car driven by an eccentric middle aged lady, he probably didn't know what to do. In most such situations, i am a mediator, and urge him to tread on the path of virtue and patience.

But, I was having a bad day. So I told him to shut the engine and sit it out. The lady got out of her car and started screaming at him.

That got me, and I got out.

Asked her what her problem was, and got the repsonse, "You shut up, I am not talking to you."

Now, that got to me. Mainly because I hate people who don't pay attention to me. And being a driver myself, I don't like being condescended to.

I walked up to her car, and here, I am a bit red-faced when I recount what I said, "You shut up, you stupid old ugly bitch."

Whereupon she returned the compliment to me, just the "Bitch" part, because i really am not old or ugly.

Whereupon i covered my ears, danced on the road and made rude signs to her.

Hopefully I ruined her mood and her day.

I have to confess it was the highlight of my day.

I have not got around to telling this to everyone except my best buddy, who had a good laugh, because he knows I am not usually so badly behaved.

I still can't belive how shockingly naughty I was. My driver has renewed repsect for me after this.

Was this road rage? I dunno, I've never had it earlier. But, yes, I loved it. I danced on the road in front of a stranger's car. It was the best case of road rage I have seen so far.

Would I do it again?

Only if my opponent is a stupid, old and ugly bitch!

cheerio

1 comment:

Cleaning said...

This is not an example of road rage. Perhaps, it is an illustration of rage itself. And, a perfect example of letting off steam.