Thursday, January 18, 2007

Hair Spas and Supermodels

I don't know what it is about a hair spa that is an instant pick me up. Yesterday, I reached my colony ready to kill someone at the end of a long, tiring day.


Till my mother called me up and assured me of two baby free hours. We have a new parlour in our plaza building replete with the latest electronic and technical wizardry to make women beautiful.

Which is why I spent two blissful hours getting a hair spa done, and finished feeling like MS. Diva!

There is something about having a nice, stylish, sleek mane of hair that makes any woman smile. I am not an exception at all. There is nothing better than the intense pampering a simple shampoo and blow dry can give a woman. Not for me the facials, spas or massage treatments, just something nice for my crowning glory. A friend of mine comes every year from Mumbai and is a hair spa addict. She has been known to sneak into parlous before her events and spend one hour of ultimate peace before the panic starts. Of course, that is because as a business associate I do a lot of the panicking for her.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that inside this pudgy 5 foot 1 frame is a 5'11 super skinny Brazilian super model aching to jump out. After being designated shrimp of the locker room at many a fashion show, it is only the super confidence of the Brazilian supermodel that keeps this chica going.

Or maybe all those years of mental trauma of being first of three in line in school assembly (shortest to tallest) , has played havoc with my self-esteem, and created a split personality. The only advantage as I remember telling friends over a drunken evening is that unlike my Ms. World lookalike best friend whose tall lithe figure and curly locks scream for attention, my short, ordinary, average height and build, assures me all the secrecy of a supari killer, an alternative profession under consideration once i retire from pr.

There are always advantages in life, even if they are short ones topped with a head of sparkling, shimmering, spa-ed hair!

1 comment:

Sanjay Sharma said...

Sure there are a lot of advanatages .. and u forgot that the best of things come in the smallest of packages ! and u no exception to that one !!

:)