Saturday, January 27, 2007

Why I still love Sallu

Yes.................I love him, absolutely and irrevocably, I love Salman Khan.

I know he has been replaced by younger sex bombs like Hrithik, Abhishek, and John. But, my Sallu still gets my eart pounding, knees trembling and cheeks dimpling.

No one...yes...not even John has mastered the art of taking off his shirt the way Salman Khan has. No one has shown us the addictive appeal of the waxed chest like Sallu baba.

I know he mows down people when he drives, shoots a few stray animals and beats up his girlfriends, but I still love him.

I think its just the classic appeal of the bad boy. Sallu is the quintissential bad boy. And every woman loves a rogue.

He is also the only man I know who can carry off a see through black lace shirt, or in the current case an orange open necked jacket (Salaam-e-Ishq) and not look like a dork.

I saw him after a long time on screen in role written for him. Not for my Sallu baba the tear jerkers or machismo roles. Make him a James Dean who can love em, leave em, and sweep them off their feet, and then coolly sip his glass of red wine.

Let him growl, Raohuol.......in your ear, bite your neck and run away. OOHHHHHHH LALA!

Maybe I'm just growing old, but Sallu is as sexy as ever, and if that muscular torso is albiet a lil more beefy and the hair looks well-woven on, then so what? I am no spring chicken either and very very perfect young men only make me feel older. So we are growing older together, Sallu and me :)

He makes the other heros look like sweet innocent boys, and he plays the refined rake with a heart of gold to perfection.

Yes, he hams, cos he is the master of the comic love story. And cos he is the bad boy who can whisk you away and make you forget the world, the way even Hrithik in Dhoom 2 just about manages.

And thats why I love him......................I once bumped into him at a discotheque told him I loved him and the foolish man offered to be my brother instead. Perhaps that was because my husband was glaring at his drunk wife batting eyelashes at her fav hero and a svelete Somy sumthing was with Salman. But this love story hasn't ended yet...................


Not till the next Saalam-E-Ishq, it won't!

No comments: